Sunday, 2 June 2013

Rachel Tucker to perform first ever solo concert at the St James Theatre and names solo album 'The Reason'

It has been announced that Rachel Tucker will star in her first ever solo concert in London. 'Rachel Tucker For One Night Only Live In Concert' takes place at the St James Theatre on 25th July 2013. It has also been revealed that her debut solo album will be called 'The Reason' and will be released on 22nd July 2013.

Rachel said: “People have asked me for years if I would ever record an album – well I’m absolutely thrilled to finally be able to say YES ! I can’t wait to get the chance to perform it live”

In March it was announced that Rachel had signed a record deal with Big Hand Recordings in a joint venture with Elate Studio. Rachel is well known playing Elphaba in Wicked. She starred in the West End show at the Apollo Victoria Theatre for two-and-a-half years.

Rachel played Elphaba for over 1,000 performances meaning she has played the iconic role for longer than any other actress in the production's history. Last year Rachel won the West End Frame Award for Best Performance of a Song in a Musical for her performance of Defying Gravity in Wicked.

Rachel appeared on Andrew Lloyd Webber's BBC talent show I'd Do Anything where she reached the semi-final stages. She went onto make her West End debut starring as Meat in We Will Rock You at the Dominion Theatre.

Click here to book tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment