Wednesday 8 July 2015

Sir Bruce Forsyth to host An Evening With Liza Minneli at the London Palladium

Sir Bruce Forsyth will host Liza Minnelli's previously announced show An Evening With Liza Minneli at the London Palladium on Sunday 20th September 2015. 

Forsyth said: "I am absolutely delighted to be spending an evening in the company of one of the truly great entertainers of our age, someone I am also lucky to know as a dear friend. 

"I am looking forward to guiding her on a trip down memory lane on the stage of the greatest theatre in the world - the London Palladium, where both of us have been lucky enough to perform in many times over the years. She’s got some great stories to tell and I’m sure it’s going to be a truly unforgettable evening."

Minnelli was a special guest star who sang 'New York New York' to Sir Bruce on his 80th birthday BBC TV show, Happy Birthday Brucie, in 2008, saying: “He’s a marvellous, wonderful man who I consider my buddy and who I just love.” 

Winner of four Tony Awards, an Oscar, a Grammy, two Golden Globes, an Emmy and a BAFTA, Minnelli remains one of the world’s most consummate performers and beloved entertainers.

An Intimate Evening with Liza Minnelli will see Minnelli interviewed for 90 minutes live on stage talking about her extraordinary career, from growing up in Hollywood to the present day. The evening will end with a few intimate songs from Minnelli, accompanied by her long time musical director and pianist Billy Stritch. There will also be a Q&A session.

Minnelli said: “I’m always so excited to return to Britain, which I’ve considered to be a second home for many years. I have so many friends there and I look forward to being back again for these special intimate evenings. Whenever I do concerts people always say they want to hear about me growing up, being on Broadway, in the movies, the people I’ve met and worked with… so this will give me a chance to share a lot more of those stories. I can’t wait to see you all again!”

An Intimate Evening with Liza Minnelli will be the star's fiftth engagement at the London Palladium – her first was in 1964 when Minnelli and her mother, Judy Garland, sold out two special concerts. Minnelli  also played solo concert runs in 1973, 1978 & 1986. To celebrate this, Minnelli  will be inducted into the London Palladium Hall of Fame - her photo will be hung next to her mother and alongside Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, Dean Martin and the other American stars that have performed at the venue from the 1950s to the present day.

An Intimate Evening with Liza Minnelli will also be staged in Sheffield at the City Hall on Tuesday 22nd September and at the Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow on Thursday 24th September.

No comments:

Post a Comment