The voting period has now ended. Please click here to view the result!
Voting is now open for the second 2013 West End Frame Award 'Best Performance of a Song in a Musical'. Ten incredibly talented West End Stars from some of London's most popular musicals have been nominated. Voting is quick and easy, three clicks and you're done!
Voting is now open for the second 2013 West End Frame Award 'Best Performance of a Song in a Musical'. Ten incredibly talented West End Stars from some of London's most popular musicals have been nominated. Voting is quick and easy, three clicks and you're done!
Voting opened on Saturday 6th April and must close on Saturday 20th April 2013 at 3.00 pm. The result can be previewed until Tuesday 16th April when the result will be made private until the winner is announced shortly after voting closes.
Unlike other theatre awards West End Frame only opens voting for one category at a time. Last year’s 'Best Performance of a Song in a Musical' Award was won by Rachel Tucker for her performance of Defying Gravity in Wicked.
'Follow' us on Twitter and 'Like' us on Facebook for exclusive updates during the voting period and to be the first to find out when the result is announced on Saturday 20th April.
Happy Voting!
Happy Voting!

Danielle Hope singing On My Own is hearbreaking! She has to win!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry but not only is Louise's Dearman's No Good Deed just as powerful as Rachel's was but it is so well acted, very emotional! There is no other winner for me!
ReplyDeleteTotally agree!!
DeleteTotally agree too.....an amazingly talented young lady, best of luck to Louise, come on Lou, know you can do it!!
DeleteThis is too hard for me =/
ReplyDeletegoing to have to wait a few days because I'm seeing Book Of Mormon for next week.
At the moments between Heather and Rachel.
For me the best performance of a song is Geronimo Rauch for Bring him home! But he is not nominated, I can't understand why. :(
ReplyDeleteGavin Creed - I believe - comic genius and sounds AMAZING
ReplyDeleteTHREE WORDS - VICTORIA HAMILTON-BARRITT. IF YOU DON'T VOTE FOR HER YOU MUST BE DEAF AND BLIND. SHE IS THE DEFINITION OF THIS CATEGORY AND DESERVES THIS AWARD MORE THAN ANYBODY ELSE. RANT OVER.
ReplyDeleteYou have the wrong Wishing ... West End Frame, theres no better Wishing that Anna Obyrnes wishing , sofias its not even close
ReplyDeleteI've heard all three (well you mentioned two, but I'm adding a third), and for me, the best Wishing is Sierra Boggess' - you should hear it:
Deletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH-pLL4qh5M
While Anna Obyrne has an amazing voice, I really appreciate Sierra Boggess' soprano that isn't very operatic. It just seems like Anna Obyrne's voice is more suited for the opera, while Sierra Boggess has a theatre soprano.
As a fellow theatre fanatic, I know we all have our opinions, but just wanted to toss Sierra Boggess' name in the ring of amazing Wishings! :)
VOTE FOR VICTORIA! Not only is she pitch perfect with a phenomenal tone but she acts the song exceptionally! SHE CRIES....WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?! VOTE VOTE VOTE! And if you haven't seen her in ACL yet...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteVHB. VHB. VHB. Clearly Victoria Hamilton- Barritt should be getting every vote! The way she sings this song is so amazing. It's filled with heartfelt emotion...VOTE! ;D
ReplyDeleteAGREED. Victoria is the clear number one. She is perfection. Why she wasn't nominated for an Olivier, God only knows!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell, this is very confusing - I followed a link on facebook with the intention of voting but it appears I can vote but not actually see/hear the performance I am
ReplyDeletevoting for!!! I have clicked everything on here but just keep coming back to this page. Sadly I won't be voting as I can't view the performances - this seems a little silly to me! Sorry but there seems little point.
I think the idea is that perhaps you have seen the show and would know the songs!!!!
DeleteWe are voting on the performance they give in the show!!
ReplyDeleteRob is HILARIOUS in Spamalot, i was crying with laughter during the Broadway song!!!
ReplyDeleteLouise Dearman No Good Deed! I really hope she makes a studio recording of it!!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Adam completely! Louise has taken to the role of Elphaba so well and her "No Good Deed" is a particular highlight of the show. I thought no one would be able to out-do Rachel Tucker, but i actually think Louise has.
ReplyDeleteThese other performances are all brilliant but Louise Dearman has to be the best, hands down. She's is astonishing in the role! Dearman Domination!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry but much as i like Top Hat i had to go with A Chorus Line because i liked Victoria Hamilton- Barritt's 'What I Did For Love' over Gavin Lee's 'I'm Putting All My Eggs in One Basket' (because i preferred Tom Chambers/Prefer Alan Burkitt)
ReplyDeleteI beg to differ. Gavin Lee in Top Hat is a true song and dance man who has taken to the role as smoothly as Fred Astaire himself. He is definitely the tops for me.
ReplyDeletebrilliant well done!!!
DeleteGavin Lee is utterly amazing in Top Hat and he should be dubbed "Englands answer to Fred Astaire".
ReplyDeleteBritain had one of them in Jack Buchanan who can be seen with Astaire in 'The Band Wagon' (1953)
Deletegot to vote for Rob Delaney in Spamalot seen the show on tour and at the Playhouse its fantastic and Robs performance stole the show. Vote Rob Delaney!!!
ReplyDeleteYes but we have one NOW and that is Gavin Lee!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLouise Dearman was amazing in Wicked. Pure talent, Vote LOUISE DEARMAN!
ReplyDeleteSofia Escobar
ReplyDeleteSofia Escobar: the best of the best
ReplyDeleteSofia Escobar is a gift to the West End
ReplyDeleteThat was a tricky one, but in the end my vote had to go to Rob. Hilarious song, wonderful performance. Just brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI cannot deny I have only seen three of the nominees and of those three it HAS to be Rachel John singing "No one but you" from We Will Rock You. I have seen the show more than 30 times and Rachel still makes me cry every single time she performs. She gives it 100% at every show! When my cousin's family visited from South Africa they said the highlight of the whole trip was Rachel singing this song! If you are thinking of going to a show this month give WWRY a try and experience Rachel's performance for yourself, you will not regret it I give you my personal promise - Gary Kennon
ReplyDelete