It has been announced that West End star Rachel Tucker will release her debut album after signing to Big Hand Recordings in a joint venture with Elate Studio. Rachel will release her debut album in 2013.
After two-and-a-half years and over 1,000 performances, Rachel recently finished starring as Elphaba in the West End production of Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre. She played the iconic role for longer than any other actress in the production's history.
Following her appearance on the BBC's I'd Do Anything, where she reached the semi-final stages for the role of Nancy, Rachel was offered the part of Meat in We Will Rock You at the Dominion Theatre, marking her West End debut. In the same year, she was chosen to co-present The Friday Show opposite Eamonn Holmes (BBC/Green Inc), sing with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at Hampton Court Palace, and judge on Northern Irish comedy series Find Me The Funny (BBC NI).
Rachel said: "People have asked me for years if I would ever record an album - well I'm absolutely thrilled to finally be able to say YES! I can't wait to get into the studio and start recording! "
Big Hand Recordings said of the signing: “Rachel Tucker is an artist we’ve wanted to work with for a few years now, Rachel has one of the best voices we’ve heard and to get the chance to work with her on her debut album is fantastic. We’re excited to get started.”
Rachel's friend and Wicked co-star Louise Dearman also released an album last year with Big Hand Recordings. Click here to read West End Frame's five star review of the album.
What songs would you like to hear Rachel sing on the album? We would love to hear your thoughts below!
What songs would you like to hear Rachel sing on the album? We would love to hear your thoughts below!
Keep up to date with the latest theatre news, reviews & interviews on Twitter: @West_End_Frame

The thing with Rachel is she could pretty much sing anything.....!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to hear Rachel record No Good Deed as there are many recordings of Wizard & I and Defying Gravity but nobody seems to ever cover No Good Deed.
I would also love to hear a new version of Defying Gravity... like really slow and stripped back to begin with and then huge at the end with big orchestra! And would be amazing if she could do all of her rifts as nobody usually rifts in recordings!!
Random... but would love to hear Rachel sing Brige Over Troubled water!!!!
ReplyDeleteand a duet with Louise Dearman HAS to happen!!!!
So glad to hear this news! Rachel was such a fantastic Elphie and her singing both Defying Gravity and No Good Deed gave me shivers so one of these would be great on the album! Also think she would do a kick ass version of something like Astonishing from Little Women!
ReplyDeleteSo glad she is finally releasing an album yaaay :)
And yes- a duet with Louise is a must! :)
OH MY GOD
ReplyDeleteHave I died and gone to haven? I feel like all my xmas's have come at once this news is amazing!!
I would love to here Rachel sing Listen by Beyonce! Her tone would suit it.
Would also love to hear some a little less belty (I loved her I'm not that girl) - something by Eva Casidy - maybe time after time?
Half of me thinks non-Wicked songs but I would cry with happiness if Rachel recorded For Good with Louise (they can fight over the Elphaba parts);)
ReplyDeleteRain On My Parade, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, As Long As He Needs Me,
ReplyDeletePerhaps a female version of Bring Him Home from Les Mis!
Love the idea of Eva Cassidy's Somewhere over the Rainbow. Gotta have some awesome belty numbers in there too!
ReplyDeleteAn original album would be amazing!
ReplyDeleteHowever, if I had to have a cover album :
RENT covers-'Take me or Leave me' duet with Lou, One Song Glory, Without You
Wicked covers-Defying Gravity,NGD
POTO covers
Evita
Tick Tick BOOM- Louder Than Words
I would love to hear The Wizard and I. I saw Rachel in the role of Elphaba in October whilst on an trip from Australia and loved her voice immediately. Other suggestions above would be great too! Would she be allowed to do songs from 'Wicked' though?
ReplyDelete