Wednesday 16 September 2015

Katie Price to make pantomime debut as the Wicked Fairy in Sleeping Beauty

It has been announced that Katie Price will make her pantomime debut as the Wicked Fairy in Sleeping Beauty at Woking's New Victoria Theatre this Christmas. 

Price will share the role with Anita Dobson, with the cast also including Ben Faulks as Prince Charming and Alan Committie as Chester the Jester. The production runs between 11th December 2015 and 10th January 2016.

Price said: "I'm not sure who's more excited about my role in panto, me or the kids! They're going to enjoy it so much seeing me up on stage, although they might find it strange that I'm being so evil. Sleeping Beauty is one of the kids' favourite stories and I simply couldn't resist the opportunity. The people of Woking better watch out as I'm coming to getcha!"

Dobson said: "Pantomime is a great love of mine. Being on stage surrounded by sparkly scenery and costumes, working with a fantastic company and hearing the children in the audience having such a great time gives me such a buzz. I love the Wicked Fairy, a role I have played many times before and I can't wait to get that costume back on and start being bad again, I'll have all of those children booing and hissing in no time!"

Price will play the Wicked Fairy between 11th and 27th December 2015. Dobson will take over between 28th December 2015 and 10th December 2016; however, she will not perform at the 10.30am performance on 2nd January.

No comments:

Post a Comment