Thursday 26 September 2013

8fold's The Door transfers to The Park Theatre

It has been announced that 8fold theatre are bringing their production of The Door by Cherise Cross to the Park Theatre. 

The production will open on Thursday 14th November (previews from 12th November) and will run until 1st December 2013. The Door is transferring to London following a successful run at this year's Brighton Fringe Festival.

Inspired by writer Cherise Cross’s own battle with insomnia, The Door is a dark, psychological drama which, according to press material, takes audiences on an unnerving journey into the surreal world of sleep deprivation.

'As John stumbles ever further into a maze of questions and confusion, we are asked to consider why this is happening and how he will escape it. Could the answer be hidden within his own mind?'

Speaking about her play, Cherise Cross said: "My biggest fear in the world is losing my mind so when I suffered with chronic insomnia in my mid-twenties the mental affects this had on me tapped into my phobia. During this period I felt like I was living in a real life horror film - I didn’t know what was real and what wasn’t. When you are going through a relentless insomnia patch even your thoughts and feelings feel different. It’s like you aren’t you anymore and that is a scary position to be in."

Please visit www.parktheatre.co.uk for further information and tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment